Last updated on 01 April 2018
We, Chartwell and G Ltd., are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act). For the purposes of the Act, the data controller is Chartwell and G Ltd.
Information we may collect from you
The nature of this website means that we will collect and process certain information or data about you as follows:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, www.chartwellandg.co.uk.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer (including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type) for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
To help ensure that your shopping experience is safe, simple and secure, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. This encrypts and protects the data you send us over the Internet. You will see a padlock at the bottom of your browser and you can click on this to find out more information about the SSL digital certificate registration.
We process all payments using Cardstream secure e-payments system. This system ensures that all sensitive information is stored on a heavily encrypted database and protected by multiple firewalls.
We reveal only the last four digits of your payment card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we need to transmit the entire number to the appropriate card company during order processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website. Any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use proper procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content on our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by email with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (i.e. the registration page and/or order form).
Disclosure of your information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others.
However, in certain circumstances we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Chartwell and G Ltd. or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.